Marketing & Event Coordinator
Where: NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Center; Yankton, SD
Pay: Based on Education and Experience
Looking for a self-motivated individual with a passion for marketing and events. Join a growing team as we continue to expand our local, national and international archery events.
The NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Center (NEYAC) is a non-profit facility dedicated to expanding, promoting and perpetuating the sport of archery. With a tremendous increase in the activities held each year, the NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Center is looking a Marketing & Event Coordinator to help plan, promote and execute our future events.
- NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Center (NEYAC)
- Assist with national and international archery events, including the 2018 World Archery Indoor Championships.
- Assist with fundraising and advertising sales for special events and tournament guides.
- Organize and manage non-archery facility rentals (i.e. charity events, room rentals, tradeshows).
- Manage educational programs hosted at NEYAC (i.e. HuntSAFE and Bowhunter Education).
- Assist with email marketing, print marketing, and website management.
- Coordinate social media content via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- The Vegas Shoot
- Help execute the world-famous Vegas Shoot at the South Point Hotel & Casino.
- Assist with planning and preparation for event setup. Help manage inventory, purchasing, and transportation of supplies to event site.
- Oversee venue set up and tear down. Assist in managing set up/tear down timeline, staff and volunteer assignments, and verify all tasks have been completed.
- Assist in managing trade show vendors and sponsors, including trade show set-up and onsite administration.
- Assist in the recruitment and coordination of event volunteers, staff, judges, and contract labor.
- Assist in the coordination of supplemental events and partnership events. (i.e. Practice with the Pros, Archers’ Appreciation Nights, National Archery in the Schools, Scholastic 3D Archery, US Collegiate Archery, etc.)
- Experience in graphic design & basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Basic knowledge of website management a plus.
- Mac/Apple efficient; including knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Positive and upbeat attitude. Must be able to handle high-stress situations in a calm manner.
- Customer service skills and proper phone etiquette.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor including workplace confidentiality; working relationships and behavior around participants, sponsors, vendors and NFAA board members.
- Physically able to perform event tasks, must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Knowledge or experience with archery, bow hunting and/or outdoor sports a plus.
- Non-traditional work hours during events, including some nights and weekends.
- Position will include some travel.
- Must be willing to relocate to the Yankton area.
- Degree in marketing, mass communications, or related field preferred.
- We are looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to learn and develop skills.
- Is persistent and takes initiative.
- Is approachable, social and accountable.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.