Total: $0.00

NFAA Prepares For Two Tourneys

BY JEREMY HOECK jeremy.hoeck@yankton.net

Read full article at www.yankton.net. 

If there is a way to prepare itself for next summer’s World Archery Youth Championships, the National Field Archery Association (NFAA) is about to find out over the next two weeks.

Nearly 600 archers will converge on Yankton for not one, but two, prestigious tournaments.

They won’t quite be at the level of the 2015 World Youth Championships — which will be held in Yankton next June — but it will still be a stiff test for the NFAA, according to president Bruce Cull.

“Logistically, getting everybody here for one tournament alone, whether inside or outside, involves a lot of work,” Cull said last week.

Yankton will host the NFAA Outdoor Nationals from this Wednesday through Aug. 3, followed by the International Field Archery Association (IFAA) World Field Archery Championships from Aug. 4-8.

Each tournament will average approximately 300   participants, who will compete on new field ranges located to the south of the NFAA complex.

“It’s a big thing for us, particularly because this is the first year we’ll have our ranges be permanent,” Cull said. “All the previous tournaments, the ranges had been on land that we leased or people let us use. ... Now it’s all ours.”

The $1.2 million project over four ranges — three NFAA field and one NFAA outdoor target — was completed last month by work from members of the South Dakota National Guard. Included in the project is a comfort station that includes a bathroom, concession stand and registration area.

The last time the NFAA National Outdoor event was held in Yankton was 2011, the year of the Missouri River flood. Since that time, the ranges have been rebuilt close to 15 times, Cull said.

“Set in stone is true to life now,” he added.

Click here to read full article at www.yankton.net.